CoinPeople.com

Rare coin valuation

valdiman

15kop1860a.jpg

15kop1860b.jpg

Im confused with this coin.It is variety of Bitkin 182 but not exactly same.Orb is not touching the wing,Big difference in tail-mark with the arrow.How value coin not listed in any catalogue?This particular one is graded NGC MS62.Any clues about possible value?Rare for sure,especially in this condition.

Im confused with this coin.It is variety of Bitkin 182 but not exactly same.Orb is not touching the wing,Big difference in tail-mark with the arrow.How value coin not listed in any catalogue?This particular one is graded NGC MS62.Any clues about possible value?Rare for sure,especially in this condition.

The tail feathers are normal for this 15 kopeck obverse, used only in 1860.

RWJ

A great looking! Not sure that overall this type is all that rare, I see them somewhat regularly - not in great condition, and I recall some opinion that 15 kopeeks with the 1860 eagle is seen almost as frequently as the 1860 15 kopeeks with the regular eagle. I don't know if there's any truth to that - opinions are welcome.

None the less, you have a great coin, and a quite popular variety. If I had to guesstimate I would imagine it could easily sell for $300 in this NGC slab.

Archived