Jump to content

1972 Lincoln Cent die crack?

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if anyone has seen this before? I believe it is a die crack. It is on a 1972 Lincoln Cent. On the reverse. Starts at the lower right of the "U" in UNITED and travels through the "N" (It does not interfere the the first leg of the "N", but is present on both sides) then goes to the bottom of the last part of the "N" and continues along the bottom of the "I" & "T". It then goes up the right side of the "T" and shoots out toward the top of the "E".


The picture is a bit blurry. I took it through my 45X microscope loupe. I apologize for that. I will see if I can get a clearer shot later today. Need new batteries in my camera. Let me know what you think.


Thank you for any and all opinions.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...