CoinPeople.com

Bitkin Question

Prekol

Hello, I am very new to the Bitkin book and have a quick question.

I am checking on a new 1896 rouble I bought that has a Star and no mint mark on the edge. I found the coin on page 943 of Vol II, and here is my question, what is the difference between the item number 193 and 194. 194 is listed as R2, but I cant understand the difference between the two.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

:ninja:

I am checking on a new 1896 rouble I bought that has a Star and no mint mark on the edge. I found the coin on page 943 of Vol II, and here is my question, what is the difference between the item number 193 and 194. 194 is listed as R2, but I cant understand the difference between the two.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

;)

I know that it means it's some sort of variety, but I don't know how to identify the details which make it different than #193, so I'll let someone else answer. But I was gonna ask if you can post some pictures of the new rouble :ninja: I was actually looking to buy an 1896 since I'm missing it. What condition is it in?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Don't have the book in front of me - so I probably shouldn't be replying:) By any chance is 194 the one where obverse and reverse are rotated 180 degrees?

I think you are right. All the way to the left are two arrows going from north to south, is that what that means?

Your coin is most likely #193.

#194 corresponds to the roubles minted in Paris with the West European coin allignment (Russian coins, mostly, had medalic allignment) of the sides.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Asterisk designation not on a portrait and the arms, and on a herd of the coin.

In such rouble some versions.

Petersburg Paris Brjusel

1896 it was minted in Petersburg and Paris

Your coin if is a star, in Paris

Archived