CoinPeople.com

Would you guys mind if I made this thread....?

Rhino

Is a gallery and information thread on Russian and Soviet banknotes from 1898 to 1991 needed on here?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is a gallery and information thread on Russian and Soviet banknotes from 1898 to 1991 needed on here?

• Yes
    • No - Collecting niche is too small

An overwhelming majority of my banknotes are Imperial Russian and Soviet. Now, since the resources available online to identify and explain the notes are so scattered and hard to find in English, I was wondering if I could start a more "informational" thread on here that I will keep and update,with pictures of notes and explanations of signatures, features, etc.? I'll post pictures of my own notes, and at the end it'll encompass notes from the years 1898 to 1991.

Opinions?

Also, where would you guys want me to make it? In the "Banknote" forum, "General Information", or.... suggestions?

An excellent idea. I'd put it in the Banknote forum. After a while if it works out well for you maybe we could move it to the Banknote Museum.

In the next week or so I'll be setting up a site for this topic. Then, I'll update a thread on here every time a new set of notes or period are covered, with a link to the website. It's easier to set up background, photos, and organize things on an external site like other members on here have made :ninja:

Updates will come next week.

Archived