CoinPeople.com

French St.Christopher medals

Hi everyone,

my name is Maximilian, and I am a collector of St.Christopher medals used on early automobile dashboards (between 1900s to 1930s). My collection is focalized on medals with French inscriptions or engraved by French artists.

As a collector I love to research on the history of these pieces and their artists, and that is why I am contacting you.

Within the signed medals I have, some of them are signed by artists I couldn't find any information about. It will be a real help if you can give me some information about them. I was looking for their complete name and dates of birth and death, or part of this information.

In case you can help me, here goes a list of them, based on the signature found on the medals:

ARNAULT (medals of this artist were sold by French firm of automobile accessories Mestre&Blatge)

BORY, J. --> could be Jenö Bory?

BOUIX

BRACKENIER, E.

BRIAND, H.

CASSON, M.

CONTAUX, GEORGES --> I can't find information of dates of birth and death

DE HELLY, L.

MERY, ANDRE --> I can't find information of dates of birth and death

PACCAGNINI, C.

PENIN

REIMON

RUFFONY

TAIRAC

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Max

Hello Max and welcome to CoinPeople. Sounds like an interesting collection. Hope someone can help with some info for you.

Hi --I think your project is interesting. I've been trying to find more info on these engravers, but so far with little luck. I've been limiting my Google searches to French-language sites, if that's something you haven't tried yet. I'll keep trying.

Hello Frank. Thanks for your message. I asked everyone I know and everysite in any lenguage regarding medals... but nobody could give information about them.

Last week, a French medal collector, consider it would be a possible solution to check at the Benezit Dictionary of Artists. Do you have it? It has 14 volumes and cost around us$1500!!!!

Well, once again thanks for trying.

Max

Archived