CoinPeople.com

Anybody going to Markov's NY Sale tonight?

STEVE MOULDING

I'll be there so hopefully can say hello to any other board-mates present.

Best,

Steve

A bit too far from LA... But maybe you can kindly look at the 1903 poltina (lot 1383) to see if it is really a proof coin?

A bit too far from LA... But maybe you can kindly look at the 1903 poltina (lot 1383) to see if it is really a proof coin?

:ninja:

For me, too, Steve ... Zürich is a little far away for this! ;)

Thanks for the generous offer! ;)

http://www.russian-medals.net/nysale23_24-pr.pdf

prices realized are up.... did anyone have any luck?

Not at Markov, though I wasn't particularly aggressive. I was more successful at Ponterio 2 days later, though this could be because the Russian section came at at 12:30 in the morning and most other bidders were probably asleep :ninja:

Prices:

http://www.bowersandmerena.com/auctions/li...&catno=1585

Not at Markov, though I wasn't particularly aggressive. I was more successful at Ponterio 2 days later, though this could be because the Russian section came at at 12:30 in the morning and most other bidders were probably asleep :ninja:

Prices:

http://www.bowersandmerena.com/auctions/li...&catno=1585

Looking at the realized prices I get the impression that quite a few people stayed up very late that night ;)

Looking at the realized prices I get the impression that quite a few people stayed up very late that night ;)

The room was fairly empty (much quieter than Markovs sale), though a few of the usual heavies over from russia were bidding against each other on the higher quality material. Lower quality they weren't interested and there were some bargains to be had. :ninja:

The room was fairly empty (much quieter than Markovs sale), though a few of the usual heavies over from russia were bidding against each other on the higher quality material. Lower quality they weren't interested and there were some bargains to be had. :ninja:

Was that among the multiple coin lots that came at the end? There are no images for them, so I'm curious as to what they contained.

Was that among the multiple coin lots that came at the end? There are no images for them, so I'm curious as to what they contained.

I did buy two of the lots (8214 & 8215...both all silver), reasonably cheaply...83 coins in all. Many of the coins I don't have (1801 Paul 10K, 1802 Alex I 10K, 1705 Peter I Grivna etc). I also bought two separate individual coin lots (both Anna Poltinas) at fairly good prices.

I did note the highlights of the big lots as I was going through them but don't have my book with me.

Steve

I did buy two of the lots (8214 & 8215...both all silver), reasonably cheaply...83 coins in all. Many of the coins I don't have (1801 Paul 10K, 1802 Alex I 10K, 1705 Peter I Grivna etc). I also bought two separate individual coin lots (both Anna Poltinas) at fairly good prices.

I did note the highlights of the big lots as I was going through them but don't have my book with me.

Steve

Congratulations! Sounds like they were very interesting lots! What were the wires coins in 8214. Anything unusual there?

Archived