CoinPeople.com

5kop1779/7 overdate

sigistenz

Hi, the 1779/7 overdate is obvious. But on the eagle's left wing something seems to be patched on in order to transform the narrow 1777 wing into the more fleshy 1779 wing. As this is an overdate coin I think that the little seam (see arrow) is not a fortuitious die break but the trace of reshaping the eagle side as well, i.e. the 1777 eagle into the 1779 eagle. Enlarge for a more detailed view. What do you think? Thanks as always for your contributions to come. Sigi

5kop1779emover7arrow.jpg

By sigistenz

Hi, the 1779/7 overdate is obvious. But on the eagle's left wing something seems to be patched on in order to transform the narrow 1777 wing into the more fleshy 1779 wing. As this is an overdate coin I think that the little seam (see arrow) is not a fortuitious die break but the trace of reshaping the eagle side as well, i.e. the 1777 eagle into the 1779 eagle. Enlarge for a more detailed view. What do you think? Thanks as always for your contributions to come. Sigi

i am sending you pers message regarding the 1779 year 5 kopeks, you let me know if it was of some help :ninja:

also this piatak no doubts - is gorgeous ;)

Sigi.. Compliments on your Omnicoin project! Great progress, and some very impressive coins! ;)

Thank you Josh! It takes much time but it's become a habit :ninja: Sigi

Archived