CoinPeople.com

Just wanted to say hi........

Hi my name is Martyn

I have a used 2005 £2 400th anniversary of the Gunpowder Plot coin

The £2 coin is an arrangement of crossiers, maces and swords surrounded by stars and the dates 1605 & 2005. Denomination TWO POUNDS below. Designed by Peter Forster.

The Edge Inscription SHOULD read "REMEMBER REMEMBER FIFTH OF NOVEMBER" But my coin does not! My coins says "PEMEMBER REMEMBER FIFTH OF NOVEMBER".

I have had the coin verified by Kevin Clancy curator at the Royal mint in Wales who has confirmed that the coin is genuine and was how the mistake happened.

In light of all the 20p in England at the moment it made me look in to coins and here i am.........

Regards,

Mart

_BWHkvb_B2k___KGrHgoOKj_EjlLmYmWCBKV5PWG5i____12.jpg

Hi my name is Martyn

The £2 coin is an arrangement of crossiers, maces and swords surrounded by stars and the dates 1605 & 2005. Denomination TWO POUNDS below. Designed by Peter Forster.

The Edge Inscription SHOULD read "REMEMBER REMEMBER FIFTH OF NOVEMBER" But my coin does not! My coins says "PEMEMBER REMEMBER FIFTH OF NOVEMBER".

I have had the coin verified by Kevin Clancy curator at the Royal mint in Wales who has confirmed that the coin is genuine and was how the mistake happened.

In light of all the 20p in England at the moment it made me look in to coins and here i am.........

Regards,

Mart

Hey! I guess you could say that my 1943 -S steel penny is what got me started

• 1 month later...

Hey Mart,

I noticed exactly the same error on my coin too. Typed in "Pemember Pemember" into google, and up popped your post and here I am. I wonder how many there are like this. You'd think they'd check the spelling before they go to the mint.

Joe

• 11 months later...
Hi my name is Martyn

Regards,

Mart

Archived