CoinPeople.com

Siberian 10kop1766 70.1 grams

sigistenz

The edge seems to be the novodel edge but the general appearance of the coin is not the careful novodel job. Would the coin be an early novodel?

Or a business strike with an edge that was applied to the (later) novodels? Thanks as always for your comments to come, :ninja: Sigi

kopie10kop1766.jpg

By sigistenz

kolyvanedge.jpg

By sigistenz

Sorry why do you think that this is a Novodel edge?

Alex - you are right - I confused the edges. :ninja: It seems to be the proper original edge. Thank you for putting it right, Sigi

The edge seems to be the novodel edge but the general appearance of the coin is not the careful novodel job. Would the coin be an early novodel?

Or a business strike with an edge that was applied to the (later) novodels? Thanks as always for your comments to come, :ninja: Sigi

kopie10kop1766.jpg

By sigistenz

kolyvanedge.jpg

By sigistenz

as to the general apperance what details on this coin are differed from an original one by Uzdenikov 4252, Bitkin 1012, Brekke 494 ??? ;)

as to the general apperance what details on this coin are differed from an original one by Uzdenikov 4252, Bitkin 1012, Brekke 494 ??? :ninja:

GM's one just a little bit better ;)

as to the general apperance what details on this coin are differed from an original one by Uzdenikov 4252, Bitkin 1012, Brekke 494 ??? :ninja:

No, it's an original, sorry for my confusion of edges.

That's OK about some confusion; to say "yes" it is an original - required some skills; I think it is a genuine piece, by Ilyin 3 rubles, Bitkin R1, Uzd (.) :ninja:

That is a very nice example. Congratulations on your new acquisition! :ninja:

Thank you, grivna, but this is not a new acquisition - I am inserting my collection by and by datewise into OmniCoin and it was this coin's turn.

Yes, it is one of my highlights. Sigi ;)

I hope you like my little research for your Sibiria piece :ninja:

see this one from M &M: http://www.numismat.ru/cgi-bin2/cat_view.cgi?id=1341 :ninja:

Wow! That's a true beauty. This is the first time I've seen the lettered edge so clearly on one of these. Thanks for sharing.

Archived