CoinPeople.com

Long and winding road

DAJ

still there is no response what was detected and rejected by NGC first, but not disclosed over here, then submitted to NCS, which labeled as mounted/scratches, so any conclusions, including an owner opposite statements are not close to reasonable 4 fair-minded person :ninja:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<<<<<Well, I know for sure , this coin was retoned.>>>>>>this your earlier post....

Again, looking at the 2009 catalog I was pretty sure that the coin was darkened. grivna proved that this was just a matter of professionalisim during the photosession. I do not see any contradiction here..

Has anyone, including Loyal Citizen, handled the actual coin in person, before and after the alleged "toning" ?

If this discussion regarding toning is based soley on the substandard photos of the 2009 NY Sale catalog, I rest my case.

Can anyone else comment on photos vs. reality for this catalog? Ippocampos? Were your coins accurately represented?

Hi there, descriptions were abit over-zealous by that I mean imaginative adjectives being applied especially with reagrds to colour. But pictures were indeed not as good as would have been wished. In fact one of the partners apologised to me about this saying they used another printer/photographer than usual even before I got my catalogue.. so this does tie up with the substandard photo theory..(in fact pictures were darker then they should be..) as some of my items pictures were indeed substandard..

checkout the famous 'iron coin'

http://www.sixbid.com/nav.php?p=viewlot&am...01&lot=1357

and compare with the post i had put on the forum in the past..

and to think I am seen as 'promoting' the sale...!

2kop_rev1.jpg

Archived