CoinPeople.com

Ebay fake policy

Mark Stilson

"What happens if a buyer believes an item is not authentic?

When buyers file a claim alleging that the item is not authentic, we require the buyer to destroy the item. Once a buyer confirms destruction of the item, we will reimburse the buyer or provide an eBay coupon." Link to policy.

Okay, I say that 1893 s morgan I bought was a fake. Take a video or pictures (Poorly done and not clear enough to confirm it was a 93 s.) send it to ebay. they refund by coupon the money. What could possibly go wrong. Unless I melted down a 1893 p in similar condition and videoed it. Or maybe it was not a fake and I melted down a real one. Maybe the seller is able to get money from whoever he bought it from? Key word in the policy I don't care for is "believes". Seems like it need some kind of confirmation steps.

(I am going to double post this in fakes. Strange as it sounds. some don't visit this forum. ;):ninja: )

I perused the link, and there is only one occurrence of the word "authentic", and the section for "counterfeit" items says,

What happens if a buyer believes an item is counterfeit?

# While buyers are not obligated to provide third party confirmation that an item is counterfeit in order to open a claim, in cases where there is written confirmation from the manufacturer that the item is counterfeit, or in additional circumstances where eBay elects to exercise its discretion, eBay may request the destruction of the item by an authorized third party and at eBay’s expense.

There are some people who would have been quite interested to know that eBay was implementing a policy encouraging the destruction of possible court evidence. I guess someone at eBay changed their mind.

I perused the link, and there is only one occurrence of the word "authentic", and the section for "counterfeit" items says,

There are some people who would have been quite interested to know that eBay was implementing a policy encouraging the destruction of possible court evidence. I guess someone at eBay changed their mind.

Probably the lawyers had a little to do with it. :ninja:

Archived