CoinPeople.com

2009 Pennies Logs and Formative

tmoneyeagles

I've gotten 8 D's in change so far...But no rolls at all..The Bank States they don't have them and can't order them.

I have a total of 30

22 D's

8 P's

I want to find the first double die, maybe EXTRA LOGS...Or even CRACKED LOGS... :ninja:

And I'm ready to strike on the 14th of may, to get, you guessed it, the formative years, roll set... The log cabin roll set, sold out, as you all know, and boom, they sell for around $100 now on Feebay, I see profits in our future, if the mint doesn't keep doing the back order, oh we'll get back to you nonsense...

Who else has their 2009 Log Cabin's and who else is going to go mad for these formative years rolls?

not a SINGLE 2009 coin!

The MINT Announced, there will be no more mintages of 2009 Nickels and Dimes... I'm guessing they are already low.... So I don't know what the mint is doing with the quarters, nickels, and dimes, it is almost like they are making them like the kennedys, not really intended for circulation anymore?

FINALLY got my first roll of 2009-P cabin cents from the bank today! Since I live on the east coast, I'm going to venture to guess that it will be 2011 before I start seeing ANY D's... that is, assuming that these coins are ever going to make it into circulation en masse.

FINALLY got my first roll of 2009-P cabin cents from the bank today! Since I live on the east coast, I'm going to venture to guess that it will be 2011 before I start seeing ANY D's... that is, assuming that these coins are ever going to make it into circulation en masse.

Shoot, I can't even get the D rolls...GRRRR! LOL

This "shortage" of 2009 small denomination coins looks really interesting. I do not think this simply happens because the mint "sucks", as somebody has put it. I actually suspect that this is the arrival of the end for small denomination coins. Do you think they are going to mint them forever, even if metal content of each coin costs more than a coin's worth? I do not think so.

This "shortage" of 2009 small denomination coins looks really interesting. I do not think this simply happens because the mint "sucks", as somebody has put it. I actually suspect that this is the arrival of the end for small denomination coins. Do you think they are going to mint them forever, even if metal content of each coin costs more than a coin's worth? I do not think so.

Hello;

May I suggest you hitting the local pawn shops and numismatic stores..

naa, actually my local coin shop has several hunderd rolls D-Mint (D- being small mint for about $8.90)

P-s are going for a dollar more/roll. ;)

I think he may even have dimes, nickels ect:

I guess I will be sleeping at his door downtown :ninja:

The price of metal dropped enough that they are making profits on nickels again, but the dimes were never an issue. I really think the mint is just trying to balance the amount of any one type of coin in circulation properly, remember you can put a set of nickels and clad dimes together basically from circulation. It's much more difficult to do that with clad quarters, or even memorial cents. Don't get me wrong however, there is no shortage of any of the coins, there are still millions made for circulating coinage. Heck, even the non-circulating Kennedy had over 3 million minted last year.

If there is no shortage....

Please, get me some...

Go to your banks...

Any of these that will be found, will be hoarded, by most collectors....

Non coin collectors, will spend the coins, only for a collector, to pick it up, and hoard

These will be rare, if everything goes as I predict, and next year, it'll be worse...

eBay will be crawling with these 09' coins, and they'll sell high, I can guarantee it!

They certainly will sell higher than the 08's or before, but I don't see much of a premium for a few years down the road. Mainly when they start to realize just how many high grade examples really were kept. It's happened before with the bicentennial and whatnot, if hoarded, high grade examples will not hold much of a value hike.

They certainly will sell higher than the 08's or before, but I don't see much of a premium for a few years down the road. Mainly when they start to realize just how many high grade examples really were kept. It's happened before with the bicentennial and whatnot, if hoarded, high grade examples will not hold much of a value hike.

Didn't know the bicentennials had a low mintage.... I'm almost sure that these 09'ers have less of a mintage...But you never what is going to happen!

I think a better example would be the '50-D nickels. Very, very few of them were ever produced, and the collectors hoarded them wherever they were found. Now, 59 years later they are still worth more than most '49 or '51 nickels on account of their rarity, but since so many of them were hoarded in uncirculated condition and very few were subjected to the rigors of circulation for prolonged periods of time, not much of the coin's value can be attributed to it's condition.

Archived