CoinPeople.com

Brockage 1811 from Bank of England(18 pence Bank token)

G'day all,

Just wondering if anyone might be able to help me with this bank token error..I have looked and looked for one similar but to no avail..

could it be rare,who knows..It's authentic and i guess thats what matters,right?If any one can help me with it i would appreciate it a whole lot.

Regards,Jamie

DSC03361.JPG

If it's a legit error (Brockage error is likely) then you have a very nice and likely expensive coin there. The problem is it could also be a vice-job and could possibly be post-mint damage. I would ask a few error experts on here and if you cannot get a surefire answer, submit it for authentification purposes. It's nifty either way you look at it. Welcome to CP btw.

If it's a legit error (Brockage error is likely) then you have a very nice and likely expensive coin there. The problem is it could also be a vice-job and could possibly be post-mint damage. I would ask a few error experts on here and if you cannot get a surefire answer, submit it for authentification purposes. It's nifty either way you look at it. Welcome to CP btw.

It's totally ok. The obverse would be damaged if it were a vice job.

Great find!

Jos

Thanks guys,yeah,i have had this one for so long now but really had no time to search for

the answers i needed..then i came across this forum and i am glad i did..I think i will submit it

for authentication like you said Vfox,as that sounds the way to go..i have some more errors i will post later

but for now i am off to change diapers and feed the boy..

hey,here is a broadstruck threepence From my Home land Australia..

DSC02758.JPG

DSC02756.JPG

It's totally ok. The obverse would be damaged if it were a vice job.

Great find!

Jos

Jos, as always, your opinion on any error coin can be taken essentially as the truth.

Jamie, if you don't intend on selling it I really wouldn't bother submitting it to a TPG, or the Australian equivalent to our US TPG's. Jos has a good eye for seeing errors for what they are, I would trust his opinion.

Now...if you are planning to sell this coin, yes, send it for authentification. I say this for two reasons; first, a slabbed coin is almost always genuine, secondly, a slabbed coin will bring more money during the sale because of the TPG promise of legitimacy.

If you do send it off however, please let us know of the grade/results. :ninja:

• 1 month later...

G'Day all,i am sorry i haven't been on lately just working my ,you know what, off..Well due to the uncertainty of

our economy and the current climate of my finances(which is just about to freeze)I have to seel of some of my errors

and other coins to stay afloat..The wife and i just had a baby boy and it's might be time to convert some of my coin and stamp

collection in to diapers and milk formula..sigh.lol..so i thought i would let you all know that it is on ebay at the moment

with 3 days to go and you know any one who want's these coins drop me a line..I know i will eventually get my collection up to

scratch again but for the moment my family and going to Australia to introduce my Wife, Son and Daughter to my Mom and rest of

my family comes first..Anyways,these be the sacrifices we make for the people we love and it's not going to stop me coming on

here to read up and catch up on the latest errors and discoveries made.Thanks you guys for checking out my coin and posting your

comments ..If any are interested or you know anyone who might be let me know or check it out on ebay..Cya all soon...Jamie. :ninja:

Archived