CoinPeople.com

Need help with Yokohama Specie Bank - Shanghai

oldbucks

I need some help in derterming a value of a September 10th, 1902 Five Dollar Local Currency with the wording "The Yokohama Specie Bank, Limited" and Shanghai listed right underneath.

I know the $10 note from 1917 is very valuable from that bank issued from Hankow Branch. Roughly 2000 Euros value.

Thanks guys! I am not home and I dont have my world currency book with me that is pre 1961.

Jeff

I need some help in derterming a value of a September 10th, 1902 Five Dollar Local Currency with the wording "The Yokohama Specie Bank, Limited" and Shanghai listed right underneath.

I know the $10 note from 1917 is very valuable from that bank issued from Hankow Branch. Roughly 2000 Euros value.

Thanks guys! I am not home and I don't have my world currency book with me that is pre 1961.

Jeff

I believe what you have is listed in the Specialized Issues Catalog (Volume 1) NOTE: Mine is the Eighth Edition; I think a 10th edition is the current one. Here's the info I dug up on it.

Listed as Pick # S706 5 Dollars Date: 10.9.1902 Violet and Black

Conditions: Good: 450.00 Fine: 900.00 XF: -

BUT !!! Check this one out: Link to recent Auction of the$1 note which my catalog listed as $600.00 in XF.

Got any picks to taunt us with?

Archived