CoinPeople.com

1977, 1978, 1979, 1980 Franklin Mint Calendar Art Medals???

I have the 4 Franklin Mint Calendar Art Medals for the 4 years 1977 through 1980....how much of an interest is there out there for these?? I have the bronze ones and think they are beautiful.

I also have the 1965 400 year anniversary medal for St Augustine, Florida by Monjo from Medallic Art.

I've seen these medals at shows and they are all quite beautiful. I think the Calendar medals were made in several metals.

I've seen these medals at shows and they are all quite beautiful. I think the Calendar medals were made in several metals.

Yes, mine are all 76mm bronze. they also made them in silver non-proof 76mm. I believe the gold ones were smaller than 76mm.

2004 was the last year that the Franklin Mint made calendar art medals. The new owner of the company wants to get them back into making medals, so maybe they will start making the calendar medals again.

I also have the 1977 Carter Inaugural medal from Franklin, since my parents subscribed to the mints medals for those years, so they sent the presidential one also.

I would never part with them, but I have 2 of the 1977 calendar medals...(They did not include the Lucite stand the first time, so I asked them to send the stand, but they instead sent a whole other medal plus the stand, a bonus.)

Medallic Art also used to make calendar art medals very similar to the Franklin Mint ones.

Archived