CoinPeople.com

Looking for a USA valuation

Dave M

The $20 with all the zeros may be worth a few dollars over face value, however the other $20 and the $5 unfortunately won't command a premium.

I put aside notes like this all the time just to look at but eventually spend them when my wife or kids beg me for money.

As a rule the only notes that collectors will fight for are solid numbers (B77777777B) or super low serial numbers (B00000016B) or star notes with fancy numbers like these.

And errors, like your $1.

The $1 bill is probably worth $50 to $200, depending on what the other side looks like. Put that one into a mylar holder and hold onto it. :ninja:

Thanks folks! The five will go into my wallet, onto its next journey, and the others will stay safe here for now.

Here's the front of the one. It occurs to me to note this printing issue shows the reverse is about 1/4" smaller than the front. Huh, never noticed that.

usa1.jpg

Good point, Dave, about the size. I never noticed that either. Great error. I've never handled an error note before. I have no idea how that one happened. Anyone want to venture a guess?

Good point, Dave, about the size. I never noticed that either. Great error. I've never handled an error note before. I have no idea how that one happened. Anyone want to venture a guess?

Wet ink from one printed sheet transferred to another when it was placed on top. This one seems to have had a piece of paper between them at an angle, blocking a complete transfer.

Nice notes, DaveM! I'd save all but the five, and I'd be tempted to see how well ebay'd do me for that one!

:ninja:

Wet ink from one printed sheet transferred to another when it was placed on top. This one seems to have had a piece of paper between them at an angle, blocking a complete transfer.

Ok. That's what I figured, but I thought the ink would have soaked into the bills fully and be unable to imprint on another.

Archived