CoinPeople.com

MOHETA rouble 1846 - what is it?

altyn

...and what do the members think about this coin?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=015

Looks genuine to me ... VF grade, probably cleaned some time ago and retoned, bottom edge shows corrosion. Relatively common date, etc. I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to fake the kind of wear this coin has seen. The irregularities along the rim are typical for coins minted during this period, although in general things got a lot better in 1844 already, I believe. But RW Julian might have a different opinion here...

(I suppose even sellers in China will have a genuine coin to offer once in awhile. :ninja: )

Looks genuine to me ... VF grade, probably cleaned some time ago and retoned, bottom edge shows corrosion. Relatively common date, etc. I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to fake the kind of wear this coin has seen. The irregularities along the rim are typical for coins minted during this period, although in general things got a lot better in 1844 already, I believe. But RW Julian might have a different opinion here...

(I suppose even sellers in China will have a genuine coin to offer once in awhile.

It does look genuine but the fact that it comes from China is a concern. If no more of this

date show up from that area it is probably genuine.

RWJ

Archived