CoinPeople.com

On line seated lib. halves book

Mark Stilson

It's written "The original book was published in hardcover format with 234 pages, including hundreds of illustrations."

So I guess this is not the full version...

Actually, yes it is. The pages simply aren't numbered.

Edit to add: This is a 300 dollar + book when you can find a copy. The willingness of the authors to put it up online for free is a GREAT thing. A huge Thank You to Randy and Bill.

Actually, yes it is. The pages simply aren't numbered.

Edit to add: This is a 300 dollar + book when you can find a copy. The willingness of the authors to put it up online for free is a GREAT thing. A huge Thank You to Randy and Bill.

It is great that authors are able to publish their works to the community for free access. But, I would remind everyone also, that to put so much time and energy into a work such as this, especially in the realm of numismatics, there is very little possibility of making much profit. If the book took even three years to research and create, just imagine if only 200 people bought a copy originally for even $100 a pop. That would only be $20k, not including the publishing costs. Even if the book sold for $250 originally, that's still almost not even minimum wage for three years of work (I assume it actually took longer than that). This is just to illustrate how much of a contribution to the community this act of placing this book available actually is.

Anybody who benefits in anyway from this book, I would strongly encourage to, at the very least, send the authors a gesture of gratitude in the form of a thank you letter. Sometimes, as an author, knowing that your work(s) are appreciated is enough encouragement to keep the fires of creativity living.

Archived