CoinPeople.com

How do you find swap buddies?

Colnector

I'm new here and would like to know how you find coin collectors to swap wish and do you swap a lot internationally.

I am asking since I have just opened to the public a website for coin collectors that allows personal collection management and easy matching for swaps and want to have more information so I can improve it.

I'm new here and would like to know how you find coin collectors to swap wish and do you swap a lot internationally.

I am asking since I have just opened to the public a website for coin collectors that allows personal collection management and easy matching for swaps and want to have more information so I can improve it.

I've once been a very active swapper, made over 5000 swaps with coins and banknotes collectors from all over the world, and man, that was fun! Then I changed my living space, entered university and etc. Had not enough time for swaps. But it is over now and I am making a new swap list to start swapping again. Friends of mine had their personal websites, I also belong to some groups, so whenever you want to swap you send your new swap list to the collectors in your address book and here we go ;) New collectors usually find my name in good swappers list and contact me, so my address book is getting larger and larger..

Hi and welcome to coinpeople. Unfortunately I'm afraid that you cannot publicize your website unless you met the following requirement:

Members must have at least 25 Posts and must have been a member for at least 30 Days to participate in this area.

I don't think that's too difficult to do. This is done so that members can get to know you better as well as filter out spammers. Not saying that you are one but there are too many out there :ninja:

Hi and welcome to coinpeople. Unfortunately I'm afraid that you cannot publicize your website unless you met the following requirement:

I don't think that's too difficult to do. This is done so that members can get to know you better as well as filter out spammers. Not saying that you are one but there are too many out there :ninja:

Thanks for alerting me about the board rules. I will restore the phrase without the link to it or the name. I would still appreciate collector replies. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I've once been a very active swapper, made over 5000 swaps with coins and banknotes collectors from all over the world, and man, that was fun! Then I changed my living space, entered university and etc. Had not enough time for swaps. But it is over now and I am making a new swap list to start swapping again. Friends of mine had their personal websites, I also belong to some groups, so whenever you want to swap you send your new swap list to the collectors in your address book and here we go :ninja: New collectors usually find my name in good swappers list and contact me, so my address book is getting larger and larger..

Not really sure is this is great idea lately. Due to the poor economy crime is increasing and publicizing your home address is not real wise. Of course a post office box may well be a solution. Usually many that do swat coins or other items find they must give out their address. With people in other countries this is probably a safer situation but around where I live I just wouldn't do this today.

Archived