CoinPeople.com

Two curiodities

Blackhawk

Here's a couple that I've been unable to ID. The first is not a coin, but rather a pendant of some sort. It has an international look to it, so I'm hoping that someone has seen something like it. It's about 26mm in diameter and appears to be made of brass. There is a legend, CONSTITUI TE PRINCIPEM (or something very close to it) on one side. It has a small lugs at 3:00 and 9:00 on the rim.

pendant1.jpg

pendant2.jpg

pendant3.jpg

The second item is a hammered coin that appears to be silver (or possibly bullion). It's missing a piece, but has nice detail. The reverse has a castle or something similar (if I've oriented it correctly) on it. The piece is about 18mm in diameter. Anyone have an idea of the country or time period?

king1.jpg

king2.jpg

The 'pendant' looks just like Hans Kravwinckel jetons so perhaps one of those?

Constituti means decide whereas princeps means chief and te means you, so something along the lines of To Decide Your Rule?

• 1 month later...
Here's a couple that I've been unable to ID. The first is not a coin, but rather a pendant of some sort. It has an international look to it, so I'm hoping that someone has seen something like it. It's about 26mm in diameter and appears to be made of brass. There is a legend, CONSTITUI TE PRINCIPEM (or something very close to it) on one side. It has a small lugs at 3:00 and 9:00

The Virgin Mary holds baby Jesus, on the reverse is the Archangel Saint Michael. This is a catholic pendant. The full saying is "constitui te principem super omnes animas suscipiendas" which means something like TO ESTABLISH YOUR RULE OVER ALL LIFE TO YOURSELF. St. Michael was the 'Good Angel of Death" and he is depicted, sword in hand, trampling on Satan.

Archived