CoinPeople.com

Regular or a variant?

tqc2002

Hi all,

enclosed is a picture of the clock on the coin 1 Rouble commemrative that was spoken early in this forum.

Can any one tell me is this the regular varietion or not? how many were structed on each coin?

Thanks in advanced

TQ

clock.jpg

Hi all,

enclosed is a picture of the clock on the coin 1 Rouble commemrative that was spoken early in this forum.

Can any one tell me is this the regular varietion or not? how many were structed on each coin?

Thanks in advanced

TQ

I think this is the most common variety. The once without the IV / VI error are less common.

Thank you Alex

Can you tell me what is the diffrent between them both, What do you mean IV and VI, In my coin there is VI then a V and another VI (I think).

Can any one help me with the recognition of the error.

Thanks

TQ

I don't know Russian coins, but I think you are correct, there are two VIs on the clock (i.e. two 6s instead of a 4 and 6, IV and VI). What I read here is that the correct numerals on the clock face is the rare variety while your's with the incorrect numerals is the more common variety.

I don't know Russian coins, but I think you are correct, there are two VIs on the clock (i.e. two 6s instead of a 4 and 6, IV and VI). What I read here is that the correct numerals on the clock face is the rare variety while your's with the incorrect numerals is the more common variety.

That's correct most have the error with VI instead of IV and VII, so you have 3 VI on your dial in total. Based on what I'm reading in my catalog this is the more common type of the coin.

Archived