CoinPeople.com

Anyone ever seen this type before?

bobh

Looks like some kind of token commemorating a wedding. Was it ever popular to have one's own wedding coinage struck? I just wonder what this actually is; there is apparently no legend of any kind. If I were to have a coin or token struck, I would probably want to have the date and the names of the bride and bridegroom engraved somewhere:

Wedding token??

Looks like some kind of token commemorating a wedding. Was it ever popular to have one's own wedding coinage struck? I just wonder what this actually is; there is apparently no legend of any kind. If I were to have a coin or token struck, I would probably want to have the date and the names of the bride and bridegroom engraved somewhere:

Wedding token??

When in high school I knew a family with the last name of Mormon. I wonder if it is a Germanic surname?

Just a thought.

corky

Common guys, just a little online research is all you need. I ran the listing's title through an online translator and... problem solved:

Unknown coin Mormonen the USA allsehendes eye rarely :ninja:

But yeah, my guess would be arabic from the image and what seems to be a legend.

Common guys, just a little online research is all you need. I ran the listing's title through an online translator and... problem solved:

Unknown coin Mormonen the USA allsehendes eye rarely ;)

But yeah, my guess would be arabic from the image and what seems to be a legend.

Well, I am fluent in German, having lived in the German-speaking part of Switzerland for 27 years and four years before that in Hamburg. So I certainly don't need the help of any online translation! :ninja:

And although I don't read or speak Arabic, I can recognize enough of the characters that I assure you it isn't Arabic. Besides, the Christian cross on the reverse wouldn't necessarily jive with a Muslimic origin (although there are many Christian Arabs living in Lebanon, Palestina, Iraq, etc.).

has the same structure as arabic letters but lacks the dots very unclear so cant make out whats written.

possibly iranian..there are a few jews and christians in iran so might explain the cross

Archived