CoinPeople.com

How can I do the same

tqc2002

Hi all,

at this location: Elf Russian coins of animals)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

all the coins are look very nice with detailes and all - I know that they use art effect or plug in in order to do so.

Can some one with a knoledge of how to do the same let me know how to do it, I'm willing to do a book on coins of Russia (personal use) and I want to use high ditailed coins.

I need any help on how I can acomplish this effect on my scaned coins' Please.

Thanks

TQ

Hi all,

at this location: Elf Russian coins of animals)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

all the coins are look very nice with detailes and all - I know that they use art effect or plug in in order to do so.

Can some one with a knoledge of how to do the same let me know how to do it, I'm willing to do a book on coins of Russia (personal use) and I want to use high ditailed coins.

I need any help on how I can acomplish this effect on my scaned coins' Please.

Thanks

TQ

gxseries is quite correct when he says it depends on the lighting and other general photography skills. That means that you cannot necessarily just apply some filter to the pictures you have already taken, or scanned, to achieve the same effect. You probably need a better camera, proper lighting and maybe some instruction on photography in order to take pictures of similar quality.

Since I have never been able to take such good pictures myself, I can't say what the determining factors were in taking these pictures. However, since pictures of my proof coins usually have dark fields and highlighted devices, I wonder if this kind of effect could be realized in part by inverting the colors?

gxseries is quite correct when he says it depends on the lighting and other general photography skills. That means that you cannot necessarily just apply some filter to the pictures you have already taken, or scanned, to achieve the same effect. You probably need a better camera, proper lighting and maybe some instruction on photography in order to take pictures of similar quality.

Since I have never been able to take such good pictures myself, I can't say what the determining factors were in taking these pictures. However, since pictures of my proof coins usually have dark fields and highlighted devices, I wonder if this kind of effect could be realized in part by inverting the colors?

This is what I bought a while ago though I haven't really used it much yet.

http://store.tabletopstudio-store.com/cophkit.html

Steve

Does it work on 220V AC current???

Never tried it. I'd have to drag the whole thing over on the plane to try :ninja:

Actually I'm sure it would be easy/cheaper to put something like this together yourself once you have the concept. 'Natural light' bulbs seem to be important....very strange when you first see them turned on.

Archived