CoinPeople.com

Chinese bank note: one yuan

EastCulture

Do you like Chinese bank notes?Great! Today I will introduce a small par value note to you.

(Item No:9-4-1 9-4-2)It is the Bank Note of Republic of China printed by The Union Preparation Bank of China.Its par value is one yuan. The images include obverse and inverse.There is a dragon in obverse and a tower in inverse.I will upload the images soon.

9_4_1.jpg

9_4_2.jpg

A smaller par value note.

(Item No:9-5-1 9-5-2)It is the Bank Note of Republic of China printed by The Central Bank of China.Its par value is 0.2yuan. The images include obverse and inverse.

9_5_1.jpg

9_5_2.jpg

Dear Dave:

It seems that you are familiar with Chinese History!

When Japanese invaded China,it set up seven puppet banks.The Union Preparation Bank of China is one of them.I estimate that occupation forces didn't understand the gesture of Confucius.But to be ashamed,I also don't know what's mean of the gesture of Confucius.

Could you tell me?

I consult a professor the gesture of Confucius .He said that Confucius was a master of KongFu. The gesture of Confucius was the first action of his virtue and morality Quan.

There were two versions of this "Indecent Gesture" on banknotes during WWII. (I'll leave it at 'indecent gesture' as this is a family friendly site). I seem to have lost one of the best links I had on hidden images, but this one will do for a brush up on them: Link On this link he's about a third of the way down the page.

Archived