CoinPeople.com

Bahrain issues new series of notes

roaddevil

well its about time for a change and aside from this new series of notes downsides they also have many more good sides such as the the new feature for accessibility for the visually impaired and in making the banknotes easier to authenticate, harder to duplicate (alot of security stuff added such as "raised print", a new "feel" to the paper used to make the bank notes and not 1 but 2 water marks, a metallic security thread which changes colour (i.e dark to red to green depending on how the bank note is held)and 1 golden stripe at the back printed with a special iredescent ink so that if you move the note around in the light you can see a repeating pattern of the note value in both arabic and english and ofcourse a hologram (only in the 5,10,20 bd banknotes)).

anyway here are a few news links ....sorry cant find the pictures of the new banknotes online so took a few not so "good" ones from the brochure i have

news links :-

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/tag-bahrain.html

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?A...p;IssueID=30352

pics :- (all i can say is ill miss the old orange 20bd bank note :ninja:...orange is the new 1/2 bd... and the 20 is....well dont know what to call the new 20bd colour..since blue and green are taken... oh well )

The 1/2 , 1 , 5 , 10 bd :-

DSC00129.jpg

The 20 bd :-

DSC00132.jpg

in my opinion its a waste of money to change the banknotes now since the GCC wants to make a unified currency in 2010 ..like the euro ..so is 2 years waiting to long ? :ninja: but anyway still fun to have something new to collect ;)

in my opinion its a waste of money to change the banknotes now since the GCC wants to make a unified currency in 2010 ..like the euro ..so is 2 years waiting to long ? :ninja: but anyway still fun to have something new to collect ;)

rd!!! were have you been!!

Archived