CoinPeople.com

2009 Cent

Coinjoe2006

I know that next year, the cent is supposed to change, commemorating Lincoln's 2000th birthday. I was just wondering, being that thats only 9 months away, have they unvieled the new look?

To many zeros unless you were meaning a different lincoln, maybe one around Jesus' time? Lol I'm only kidding with you.

Awesome, thanks for the link. According to Wikipedia, the law which mandates the 2009 change in the cent passed in 2005. It says that there are to be 4 different pennies. One for his early life in kentucky, one for his formative years in Indiana, one for his professional life in Illinois, and lastly one for his years as President in DC.

Awesome, thanks for the link. According to Wikipedia, the law which mandates the 2009 change in the cent passed in 2005. It says that there are to be 4 different pennies. One for his early life in kentucky, one for his formative years in Indiana, one for his professional life in Illinois, and lastly one for his years as President in DC.

Congrats to those states for successful lobbying!

Don't know where I saw it but somewhere there was actual photos or possibly scetches of each type. I just can not remember where I saw that. There were four different ones for four different times in his life. Those were supposed to be the final ones to come out. I just wonder how many will there actually be. I presume one of each for each Mint, Philidelphia and Denver. Then of course there will be the Proof sets from SanFrancisco. I suppose there will be Silver Proof sets also. Of course possibly a Prstige Set both in regular and Silver. Due to this special event coin I would think there will be a Gold or Platinim one or two also. HMMMMM. Just have to wait and see.

Don't know where I saw it but somewhere there was actual photos or possibly scetches of each type. I just can not remember where I saw that. There were four different ones for four different times in his life. Those were supposed to be the final ones to come out. I just wonder how many will there actually be. I presume one of each for each Mint, Philidelphia and Denver. Then of course there will be the Proof sets from SanFrancisco. I suppose there will be Silver Proof sets also. Of course possibly a Prstige Set both in regular and Silver. Due to this special event coin I would think there will be a Gold or Platinim one or two also. HMMMMM. Just have to wait and see.

I saw sketches in coin world, do you read coin world?

There will be four coins from each mint, Philadelphia, Denver, and the proofs from San Fran. So thats 16 coins. Then there will be a special collectors edition that will be made of the metallic content of a 1909 penny. So thats 16 coins from each mint, then the 4 special editions. So thats a grand total of 20 pennies next year!

I saw sketches in coin world, do you read coin world?

I have heard that as of yet, nothing has been approved because all of the designs were thought to be too intricate and detailed for such a small coin. Not sure yet though. I know that if they havent designed them yet, they better get on it! 9 months and counting!

Archived