CoinPeople.com

Another fake 1839 Borodino rouble

RW Julian

And I almost paid.... :ninja:

Luckily I came across your forum and was already convinced that I should not risk this coin after reading all the post about the fakes.

After I registered I found this post. Count me lucky, but in fact it was a stupid impulse bid that I should have walked away from in the first place.

All I can say is thank you ;) to you guys on the forum for keeping an eye out for these "shuliki" (Russian for cheeky basterds ;) )

Anyway, back to the 'normal' Russian coins and leave the real cool coins aside for later. I will be reading posts and maybe post a couple of pictures and answers.

And I almost paid....

Luckily I came across your forum and was already convinced that I should not risk this coin after reading all the post about the fakes.

After I registered I found this post. Count me lucky, but in fact it was a stupid impulse bid that I should have walked away from in the first place.

All I can say is thank you to you guys on the forum for keeping an eye out for these "shuliki" (Russian for cheeky basterds )

Anyway, back to the 'normal' Russian coins and leave the real cool coins aside for later. I will be reading posts and maybe post a couple of pictures and answers.

A very “sad” matter to report. The seller of this fake is now re-listing it for sale as the $760

winning bid was not paid!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370027075765

What will it bring this time?

RWJ

Archived