CoinPeople.com

1875 CC Seated Dime and 1896 Morgan Dollar

Kristofer

neardate.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is one of the slanted near dates. I can't make out if there is any doubling on the reverse though. If you want to drop a couple more pic's of it out of the flip in the errors section.

That would just make my night!! I'm going to have to see what I can come up with for pictures. May need to grab my fiancees digital camera. how much does a slanted date go for?

The slanted dates don't have a premium on them as far as I know. But I think it is always best to check. A vam 18 very near date would be the monster pick up for 1896. But thats because its a Proof morgan. Even the ones listed as Top 100 or Hot 50 may not carry much premium. Most do carry at least a small premium, some though can be monsters. BTW if you want you could place the shots of the slanted date on vamworld since they are missing the pictures. Also just a note. Even slabbed coins may not be ID'ed. I have both PCGS and NGC slabs hot 100 vams what aren't ID'ed.

Still that's pretty cool. I'm trying to get my fiancees camera so I can get better pictures.

They assign rarity values to them. The higher the better. A standard VAM 1 is a R-2, a VAM 12 is a R-3, VAM 23 is a R-4. So yours is rarer then the garden variety one no matter what.

Wow Mark, you're like the good news trolly!! I got about a thousand pennies that I could use good news on, wanna take a peak? :ninja:;)

Archived