CoinPeople.com

old russian coins

MAC

Hi and welcome to coinpeople. We do have a specialized forum for Russian coins which it might be better if you post there, even better if you can provide pictures.

There are a huge amount of counterfeits cropping up these days and hopefully you are not one of those that got stung. If so, there are plenty to learn. We always gotta learn it the hard way one way or the other. Welcome to coinpeople once again :ninja:

Hi and welcome to coinpeople. We do have a specialized forum for Russian coins which it might be better if you post there, even better if you can provide pictures.

There are a huge amount of counterfeits cropping up these days and hopefully you are not one of those that got stung. If so, there are plenty to learn. We always gotta learn it the hard way one way or the other. Welcome to coinpeople once again :ninja:

[/q Thanks for the directions,I got there and posted my experience.I don't know if it is kosher to name the sellers who are doing the frauds.I'll just wait a little while to see if he comes across.A fairly big seller too.Probably pays a lot in fees to e-bay.Anyway Thanks again D McQ

Unfortunately with the regulations with ebay sellers and such, they do have the power to sue the forum as well as you personally for trying to give them a bad reputation. Unless you can rigorously prove that you've got a counterfeit, what I recommand is to take the approach of opinions - everyone is entitled to say whether it's a counterfeit or not. It is a major difference in declaring it IS a counterfeit or you believe it is a counterfeit. There are many great members in the Russian coin forum and I've still got plenty to read as well as enjoying them.

RW Julian is one of the people that you should look up for on this forum - one of the greatest author for Imperial Russian coins as well as Steve Moulding for his copper coins knowledge. Both of them are authors for the Russian Numismatic Society and their opinions are highly valued. :ninja: Of course, others members have their own expertises which I encourage you to read the past threads. All of them are worth reading. ;)

Unfortunately with the regulations with ebay sellers and such, they do have the power to sue the forum as well as you personally for trying to give them a bad reputation. Unless you can rigorously prove that you've got a counterfeit, what I recommand is to take the approach of opinions - everyone is entitled to say whether it's a counterfeit or not. It is a major difference in declaring it IS a counterfeit or you believe it is a counterfeit. There are many great members in the Russian coin forum and I've still got plenty to read as well as enjoying them.

RW Julian is one of the people that you should look up for on this forum - one of the greatest author for Imperial Russian coins as well as Steve Moulding for his copper coins knowledge. Both of them are authors for the Russian Numismatic Society and their opinions are highly valued. :ninja: Of course, others members have their own expertises which I encourage you to read the past threads. All of them are worth reading. ;)

This is good as I don't have much experience with russian coins.I'll check out those you mentioned. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived