CoinPeople.com

Poor Juan Carlos

tabbs

Don't you hate it when people do something like this to a coin? :ninja:

The image attached below shows the reverse of a Spanish €1 coin dated 2001, and (for comparison purposes) a new one from this year. The king himself does not really look much better on that "hammered" coin - see here:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=935393

Christian

es1rev.jpg

Don't you hate it when people do something like this to a coin? ;)

The image attached below shows the reverse of a Spanish €1 coin dated 2001, and (for comparison purposes) a new one from this year. The king himself does not really look much better on that "hammered" coin - see here:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=935393

Christian

The good news is that is is still worth €1 (in Euro countries). Please spend that one as quickly as possible! :ninja:

I could probably send you a different Spanish €1 coin dated 2001 for collecting purposes if you want one (but I suspect that you probably have plenty of access to others).

Bruce

Hugo Chavez has resorted to coin mutilation? :ninja:

Oh, now I see: The big scratches across the word "euro" form a V, as in ... ;)

The good news is that is is still worth €1 (in Euro countries). Please spend that one as quickly as possible! ;)

Actually that was the first thing I tried to do, hehe. Got it in Madrid a few days ago, and wanted to use it in a vending machine. But the piece was not accepted and came out again. So I thought, maybe I should take a picture first. ;) Will spend it here (I live in Euroland) very soon indeed ...

Christian

I would like to add "Poor Elizabeth!"

Have you seen 1 pound coin older than 4 years in circulation where Elizabeth's face is not totally beaten up? :ninja:

The Swedish 10 crown coin has approximately same shape and same color but even after 16 years of being circulated it looks much better!

Must be the alloy Britts have choose (Cu70/Zn24.5/Ni5.5) is much worse for coins than Swedish (Cu89/Al5/Zn5/Sn1)

Poor Elizabeth and lucky Carl Gustav!

Must be the alloy Britts have choose (Cu70/Zn24.5/Ni5.5) is much worse for coins than Swedish (Cu89/Al5/Zn5/Sn1)

We use the very same alloy as the Swedish, ie. Outokumpu's "Nordic Gold", for our mid-range euro coins (10, 20, 50 cent). They do tarnish, but it seems there is some hope ... :ninja:

Christian

They do tarnish, but it seems there is some hope

One word: Sweat!

If we're about to compare "Tarnishing traditions" in Sweden and EU, then we should take a look not just on (I'd say-) hard to dark "NordGold". Let's take a look at Swedish 50 oere and 1;2;5 eurocent coins at the end of the summer! There's a difference if you look at cents in Finland or in Mediterranean country. Thats close to "mission impossible" to find cents in the South fully lustrous! No problem for NorthStates.

The South has some adventages, but not in numismatics... :ninja:

Archived