CoinPeople.com

Can help to recommend some coins and banknote shop in HK

see323

I've seen some shops selling banknotes (piles, bundles and singles) on Hollywood Road (just above Central district on Hong Kong Island) and surrounding streets. Most items for sale there are probably of questionable authenticity, but if you know what you are looking for it may be a good place to shop around.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back today. Did not go to Hollywood Road ? I heard there are a lot of fake ones sold there. Since I am in Kowloon, I went to Portland Road with my cousin. I got myself a Hong Kong HSBC 1999 $500 Solid 555555 at a bargain price. It's a great buy.

Beside coins and banknotes, food and shopping is a big plus point. We move around in MTR ( subway trains, Metro or also known as Mass Transit Railway ) and buses. I must agree that Hong Kong is a food and shopping paradise. It is far more active and wider variety than Singapore. At 11 pm at Mong Kok area, there are still a lot of people around. The area is brightly lighted. I bought some DVD movies from a CD/DVD shop. In fact, they open up to 2am.

My last trip to Hong Kong was 12 years ago. At that time, the shop assistants or sales person can only speak Cantonese ( a Chinese dialect ). Today, they can converse in English, Mandarin and of course Cantonese. I usually speak to them in Mandarin although I can speak and understand Cantonese. There is a big change in the retail industry as Hong Kong largest tourists come from China. Mandarin is important and will help them to serve the China Chinese shoppers well.

Although Hong Kong Disneyland is small but we enjoyed all the stage shows and the fireworks. Ocean Park which opened it's door to the Hong Kong public in 1977. The park has change a lot. It now has 4 Panda which is one of the attractions. Somehow, we still enjoyed Disneyland more, a night stay at Disney Hollywood Hotel was also an enjoyable one.

Those who have little children should consider bringing them to Hong Kong Disneyland. It is one of the newest around.

Archived