CoinPeople.com

notes???

dustin43160

i got two freebie notes off of a freind and wondering if there worth a pennie or two. the first one is from Luxembourg its 20 of something lol the serial is C080900 the date is 1943 and has a purdy lady on the from and the back has a guy sittin and in theback ground theres three ox pulling a wagon load of hay.

the second is a very vibrant one from netherland its a 1 gilden note from 1943 the serial is FG374716. the front is a bright red and the back is orange. thanks in advance!!

dustin

Yeah, scans would help a lot, but I think I know what they are -

Sounds like the Luxembourg note is P-42, 20 Frang. The value in my older catalog is/was:

VG= 1.50 VF= 6.00 UNC= 65.00 Ebay Link

The Netherlands note should be P-64, 1 Gulden. The value (from my older catalog again) is/was:

VG= 0.75 VF= 4.00 UNC= 15.00 Ebay Link

The note from Luxembourg has Grand Duchess Charlotte(1896-1985) as a vignette. She became Grand Duchess after her elder sister was forced to abdicate in 1919 after the accusations of being pro-German during the occupation came to surface. Grand Duchess Charlotte was a revered monarch, and there are neat monuments to her in Luxembourg-Ville, the capital. Unlike her sister she was very nationalistic, and left the country when the Germans came again in 1940 and she was exiled to England.

Interestingly, she abdicated in 1964, in favour of her son, Jean, whom reigned until 2000 when he abdicated in favour of his son, Henri. This note reflects the popularity of this Grand Duchess.

When I was in Luxembourg a few years ago, it was kind of amazing to think of walking right up to the Grand Duke's residence, and being able to look into his home, lights on etc. Luxembourg is a fascinating country, and packs a lot of interesting sights into a small 999 sq mile country. The bridges and 14th century castles are very lovely.

Yeah, scans would help a lot, but I think I know what they are -

Sounds like the Luxembourg note is P-42, 20 Frang. The value in my older catalog is/was:

VG= 1.50 VF= 6.00 UNC= 65.00 Ebay Link

The Netherlands note should be P-64, 1 Gulden. The value (from my older catalog again) is/was:

VG= 0.75 VF= 4.00 UNC= 15.00 Ebay Link

yup those would be it!!! not bad for free eh? i would post pics but scanner is being a butt!!

The note from Luxembourg has Grand Duchess Charlotte(1896-1985) as a vignette. She became Grand Duchess after her elder sister was forced to abdicate in 1919 after the accusations of being pro-German during the occupation came to surface. Grand Duchess Charlotte was a revered monarch, and there are neat monuments to her in Luxembourg-Ville, the capital. Unlike her sister she was very nationalistic, and left the country when the Germans came again in 1940 and she was exiled to England.

Interestingly, she abdicated in 1964, in favour of her son, Jean, whom reigned until 2000 when he abdicated in favour of his son, Henri. This note reflects the popularity of this Grand Duchess.

When I was in Luxembourg a few years ago, it was kind of amazing to think of walking right up to the Grand Duke's residence, and being able to look into his home, lights on etc. Luxembourg is a fascinating country, and packs a lot of interesting sights into a small 999 sq mile country. The bridges and 14th century castles are very lovely.

kewl thanks for the info!!!

Archived