CoinPeople.com

jefferson dollors

dustin43160

i just got 5 jefferson dollors today which not happy how they look but owell. im looking at his ear on the coin and its like he had it peiced and put a spike through it. and another thing is there anything that says the edge lettering has to be evenly in the middle?? i have one that the date and mint mark is higher than the rest... thanks!!

dustin

I actually found an error TJ dollar I call the "Leaky Torch" error -- it's probably a bad job of die polishing which left an area approx. 1/8" X 1/4" of lines as if an eraser had been used on the coin.

5x6grj5.jpg

It wouldn't have seemed like much independently, but I found TWELVE identical pieces in one bank roll!

I actually found an error TJ dollar I call the "Leaky Torch" error -- it's probably a bad job of die polishing which left an area approx. 1/8" X 1/4" of lines as if an eraser had been used on the coin.

5x6grj5.jpg

It wouldn't have seemed like much independently, but I found TWELVE identical pieces in one bank roll!

I received 10 unc TJ dollars - 4 of which show what you described - to verying degrees. In one case it shows on both sides of the torch. The lines are more defined and almost parallel or radial resembling weak rays.

Archived