CoinPeople.com

Does this look proof to you.

gxseries

Is this set even in the NGC registry?

Interesting question. The label could be counterfeit and the pictures are too small to tell. The size of the lettering on the reverse label looks off. Of course, I don't collect registered coins, so I'm not an expert on the labels. Maybe they change the label style from time to time. Still, after looking at lots pf pictures of coins in registered holders.......... Again, its good to remember, buy the coin not the holder.

Interesting question. The label could be counterfeit and the pictures are too small to tell. The size of the lettering on the reverse label looks off. Of course, I don't collect registered coins, so I'm not an expert on the labels. Maybe they change the label style from time to time. Still, after looking at lots pf pictures of coins in registered holders.......... Again, its good to remember, buy the coin not the holder.

I just don't believe that NGC would go to all the trouble to make packaging especially for this set. I might be wrong, but then again, I might not be. :ninja:

I just don't believe that NGC would go to all the trouble to make packaging especially for this set. I might be wrong, but then again, I might not be. :ninja:

NGC has standard "multi-coin holders" in 3, 4, 5, or 6 holes. You can submit any kind of set you want & have them put into a multi-holder. If you submit individually graded/slabbed coins to be re-slabbed in one of these multi-holders, it is only $5 per coin for the re-holdering fee.

BTW, the holes in these multi-holders are all standard sized, thus some of the coins in the set in question seem to be "swimming" in a big hole.

Note at the price right now - such grades just don't exist. ageka, yes I know that South Korea has made proof coins but that is only for special commemorative coins, not regular coinage. The only regular coinage minted in proof is just in 1982 other than one made back in 1892 which is a long time ago.

P.S. you can copy the link of the jpgs and have a slighter better bigger resolution. I still don't see how it's graded as proof.

Is this set even in the NGC registry?

It is. I sent NGC an inquiry and the answer came back:

Hello,

I verified the certification number on that label and it does match the

system. Those coins are graded by NGC and that is an authentic label.

Please feel free to contact customer service with any further questions.

Regards,

Andrea Roland

NGC Customer Service

aroland@ngccoin.com

1-800-642-2646 ext.100

Maybe it's just me and my untrusting nature, but I would be VERY cautious about sending that amount of money, thru paypal or other, to someone that far away. Not to mention that it's that persons FIRST sale- no track record what-so-ever either buying or selling.

Maybe it's just me and my untrusting nature, but I would be VERY cautious about sending that amount of money, thru paypal or other, to someone that far away. Not to mention that it's that persons FIRST sale- no track record what-so-ever either buying or selling.

First, welcome to CoinPeople! :ninja:

Second, my guess is that the seller is really aiming at buyers in Korea rather than those outside the country. Bids from outside Korea are probably welcomed, but the seller is probably smart enough to know where the real market for Korean coins is.

First, welcome to CoinPeople! :ninja:

Second, my guess is that the seller is really aiming at buyers in Korea rather than those outside the country. Bids from outside Korea are probably welcomed, but the seller is probably smart enough to know where the real market for Korean coins is.

Thank you for the welcome. It's nice to hear from people with the same interest as I. Don't get me wrong, being the only one in the household with a coin addiction has its upside. Such as, when my wife goes clothes shopping, I get to order a new Krause so I lose interest in how much she spent.

Anyway, you are more than likely correct about the seller wanting Korean buyers as he is accepting Papal and Won. I just noticed that the bidding is up to $355. Interesting.

Don't forget that there are a lot of Koreans living overseas in particular in the US. I was tempted to put in a bid but with that price, I would pass. Honestly, South Korean mint sets are ridiciously hard to find, perhaps even scarcer than some of the Soviet mintsets that I investigated.

Now I am tempted to know how much my 1996 mintset is worth.

Archived