CoinPeople.com

Starburst

Starbusrt is a Struck Through Error. Struck through grease. There are several PCGS, NGC, ICG for sale on Ebay. Here are my pics.

926509.jpg

926510.jpg

its not like any strike through ive ever seen

Search Starburst Error on Ebay. There are 14 of them. Dustin does your Uncle want another one???

i doubt it lol

IM sure. I will try ebay. I have a hole roll of them. some with a filled S and a cud at the tip of N in president.

is the one you have also missing the edge lettering??? Im not saying it isnt an error.. its just not like any strike through I have seen before...

Not the one I have. What would cause it if its not a Strike through? I think its a strike through grease. Some of the have black dirt in them. But they look like grease stains. These are from a new roll. I have a dime that looks the same but the lines are deeper.

Ive seen a similar effect from die wear on older coins... It would have to be a strike through some sort of grease or oil.... and this grease or oil would be pretty clean and not dirt filled... when you get dirt and metal flakes in the grease there is a severe loss of design. Definitely a weird error next time I am at a big show I will see if I can find one and take a look in hand...

Ive seen a similar effect from die wear on older coins... It would have to be a strike through some sort of grease or oil.... and this grease or oil would be pretty clean and not dirt filled... when you get dirt and metal flakes in the grease there is a severe loss of design. Definitely a weird error next time I am at a big show I will see if I can find one and take a look in hand...

Should I auction one off on here??? Starting bid $1 plus shiping in 2X2 flip. shiping is probally $1.50 what ever shipping is????

Archived