CoinPeople.com

What's your most artistic note

Vfox

Got another one for you guys.

This note is simple, but there is just something about that that I just love. Belarus 20 rubles....btw, this note is CHEAP and VERY easy to find in unc for under $0.50 on ebay....everyone go buy one, NOW! :ninja:

4yij7f9.jpg

My word, SM, those are truly spectacular. I can't wait for the next Popular Note Comp just so I can see those babies go all the way.

But where are they from?

it's hard to hold faeroese notes in hand and think you're holding something other than miniature works of art. :ninja:

SM - I think that's likely because they are miniature works of art. I can't remember where I read it (OwenInk or Ownen Linzmayer - would be able to tell us) that the 1000 Kronur won the best banknote of the year award a year ago. In that I read that the vignettes are taken from paintings. It also discussed that other banknotes that have tried that in teh past did not fare too well, but the Faeroese notes have been quite popular.

I'm still missing the 1000 kronur myself, but I have the others you have listed. The 1000 is harder to find, and when offered is often simply too much money... but someday!

Archived