CoinPeople.com

What's your most artistic note

Vfox

I stole this idea from Scottishmoney, but his is about artists on notes, mines about the artistic quality of the design. If you want the two posts can be merged though.

Anyway here are some nice artisticly vibrant notes, but no specific artists, at least not that I am aware of. These are just a few, I have many more which I thing are wonderful, but these are three of the most interesting. The 100 Mark is one of my fav. notes ever made.

5yjdzpg.jpg

53tkyfo.jpg

676pxrm.jpg

6hgjrb9.jpg

4u9pug0.jpg

6g39x1f.jpg

Well....... I tried to pick some of my most artistic notes, but I have to say that I didn't get too far before I realized that there are so many that I consider to be 'artistic', that I just couldn't decide. There are those that are artistic as they have representations of paintings on them, there are some that are artistic in there depiction of daily life, there are those that are artistic because they have beautiful portraits, or have idealogical aspects with allegorical images, etc, etc, etc. But I at least got a few favorites before I gave up.

682k3nr.jpg

18965sc.jpg

But the ladies of Boston didn't like this one :ninja:

Haha, yeah, but back then they certainly did make some stellar notes didn't they? Also, the notes you posted above, what are they used for? Just private issue, or someones graphics company? Btw, the one you use in your avatar is wonderful, wouldn't mind owning one myself.

Here are two beautiful notes I finally imaged. I think the 50,000 kwacha with the big cat reverse, when I finally purchase one, will be the gem of my non-US notes, but out of all US and non, the most beautiful by far. But my 5,000 certainly comes in a close second!

First is a 2004 polymer 1,000 Kwacha.

631lclc.jpg

63ij8s0.jpg

Second is a 2003 5,000 Kwacha.

6h790r4.jpg

52bddox.jpg

I find it funny that Zambia would make only the 500 and 1,000 Kwacha as polymer notes, yet the 5,000 10,000 20,000 and 50,000 are regular paper/cotton currency. Although they have lots of holograms and thread technology counterfeit protection.

Here are two beautiful notes I finally imaged. I think the 50,000 kwacha with the big cat reverse, when I finally purchase one, will be the gem of my non-US notes, but out of all US and non, the most beautiful by far. But my 5,000 certainly comes in a close second!

First is a 2004 polymer 1,000 Kwacha.

631lclc.jpg

63ij8s0.jpg

Second is a 2003 5,000 Kwacha.

6h790r4.jpg

52bddox.jpg

I find it funny that Zambia would make only the 500 and 1,000 Kwacha as polymer notes, yet the 5,000 10,000 20,000 and 50,000 are regular paper/cotton currency. Although they have lots of holograms and thread technology counterfeit protection.

My theory on this is that they're probably the most circulated notes, so by making them polymer, they save on re-issue costs.

My theory on this is that they're probably the most circulated notes, so by making them polymer, they save on re-issue costs.

I never really thought about that aspect of them. It's probably a good chance that is true.

Btw, I've never seen a circulated polymer note, how well do they fare?

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd revive this a little. Here is a note I've always thought was well composed. This is part of my uncut sheet of 4, original, with a salmon colored spiral reverse (sorry no photos of that).

53fd8nl.jpg

Scottishmoney,

Is that $5 really yours? If it is...damn. I have the $1 (looks nicer than the scan indicates):

I saw the $5 at a show this past weekend, but $4,000 was about $3,900 over my budget for the show.

Awesome note. I need to get myself one of those.

903497A.jpg

903497B.jpg

But sometimes the printers art, in this case State Printing House in Prague can turn out a simple note with an amazingly lovely design and colour.

That's one of my favorites you've posted over the past year I've been here.

banceireannais2.jpg

*Still camped at mailbox* :ninja:

Anyway, I got these notes tonight, and I thought they very much deserved a spot here.

624fe51.jpg

6h4f639.jpg

4l626c9.jpg

63m41uc.jpg

5gulden.JPG <3 so far 1 of my fav banknotes in my collection ;)

an

AQ9.JPG

;) almost all the antartica dollars i saw r nice ;)

an ofcourse i have to keep 1 bahraini banknote :ninja:

d-18141-55.jpeg

only like the back of this (actually i would have told the monetary agency to easien up on the red x< xD)

Archived