CoinPeople.com

Polupoltina 1704

p911

According to a post by squirrel for me to study in an earlier thread this should be genuine. :ninja:

;) General disclaimer.... I offered that link up as an example of a LIKELY genuine coin of that type, based on the photo only. I am in no way, definitively saying it is genuine. Im not an expert. Dont buy it on my opinion... and dont forget, that coin was soldered to some jewelry, and removed, apparantly. Its always best to examine the coin in person.

;) General disclaimer.... I offered that link up as an example of a LIKELY genuine coin of that type, based on the photo only. I am in no way, definitively saying it is genuine. Im not an expert. Dont buy it on my opinion... and dont forget, that coin was soldered to some jewelry, and removed, apparantly. Its always best to examine the coin in person.

I am very sorry Squirrel. :ninja: Of course everybody must understand that no one could guarantee that a coin is genuine based solely on a picture. The fact that it was soldered does not make it a fake, does it? But you, and a lot of members of this forum are so very knowledgeable, and have seen so many coins in pictures as well as in real life that I trust and value your judgement.

I wasn't speaking for you in any way. That is why I said "should" not "is" genuine. I have been studying this photo for a week now, and comparing it to every one I can find in the books I have, and other photos that were posted before of similar design and I got carried away when I saw it again.

Please, please forgive me if I inadvertently put you on the spot. ;)

Archived