CoinPeople.com

Dassier for 45 000$

p911

Seems the seller on molotok.ru is very well informed about current pricing. Just a few days ago on last James Elmen sale VF Ruble with scrape in right obverse field went for $41,000. The coin on molotok.ru seems to be in somewhat better state of preservation so I would say $45K for it is about right.

WCO

The Sekine coin is coming up for sale in Zürich on June 7.

It's a safe bet that the estimate of CHF 1500 (about $1,225) is too low. ;)

[image snipped]

You bet! That's one coin I won't be bidding on, that's for sure (although I wish I had an extra $45,000 or so just for fun...) ;) I talked to the people at Hess-Divo and they admitted that in several cases, they might just as well have tacked on an extra "0" to some of the estimate prices. But they wanted to keep the lots' opening prices "attractive".

However, I doubt that anyone will want to bid CHF 1,000 on the 1913 Romanov rouble. :ninja: I also pointed that one out to them, and they said it might have been a mistake. ;)

However, I doubt that anyone will want to bid CHF 1,000 on the 1913 Romanov rouble. :ninja:

Normally, I would agree. But these are not normal times. ;)

After seeing the results of the recent Hoiland auction, ;) I really don't know what to expect anymore except that the price for the 1913 Romanov will likely be significantly higher than I think is reasonable.

Archived