CoinPeople.com

catalog olnline

elfo143

Hello:

I am interesed in soviet conmemorative 1 Rouble coin and I have bought almost all the currencies of 1 rouble, but nonencounter information on them. Do you know some page online where can find data on its weight, diameter, Width, Sculptor and mintage?

Best regards.

Roberto.

Hello and welcome to coinpeople.

There is actually a very good site for this but it's extremely slow. http://shiraliv.narod.ru/ (it's all in Russian though)

If you are going to attempt to collect every single varient of 1 ruble, let me warn you that it's worse than trying to lift a mammoth tusk ;) (and indeed a mammoth task)

By far this is my rarest commemorative 1 ruble in my collection:

915437.jpg

:ninja:

Thank you very match for the URl... :-)

The 1983 coins is very nice..this is a restrike of 1985 type, isn´t it?

Actually i have 1924-1991 coins all less y#192.1 and y#197.1, conmemorative and not conmemorative coins, so i not collecting varieties for this moment... :-( may be in a future.

In Spain is more easy to find this type of coin in proof condition..

I am looking for 1958 ( y#134) coins a good price... do you know???

I am working in a web of coins of 1 rouble ( only soviet roubles), but i need datas of mintage, sculptor etc... the KGB loss these information.. :-))

I am sorry for my bad english..i hope that you understand me.

Roberto.

Huligan, you should wait for the page to load completely or refresh it. The server is on a notriously slow server.

Roberto, that site DOES have all the infomation but you will need to read Russian. All catalogues that I know are in Russian so it will be very pointless if I did try to recommand any.

That particular coin that I have shown is rather difficult to find, which is a restruck coin of Engels 1985 but the die is accidently muled with a 1983.

The 1958 set is extremely difficult to find as well as extremely pricey. Unless you have hundreds to spend, if not thousands, I wouldn't bother. The 2,3 and 5 rubles are extremely expensive. :ninja:

The 1958 set is extremely difficult to find as well as extremely pricey. Unless you have hundreds to spend, if not thousands, I wouldn't bother. The 2,3 and 5 rubles are extremely expensive. :ninja:

I'm not sure how available these are in the West. My guess is that the majority are in Russia. 1958 issues are quickly approaching the 50 year limit prohibiting export from Russia. As patterns, they might be even more tightly regulated.

Markov had a pattern 1958 2 roubles struck in aluminum in NGC "MS-64" (whatever that is) in his January 2007 sale (lot 1397). It had a $4,000 estimate but did not sell.

Archived