CoinPeople.com

Yugoslavia 10 Dinara Question

Scottishmoney

In the early 1920's according to the catalog of his works, Alphonse Mucha designed the reverse of a Yugoslavian 10 Dinara note. Alphonse Mucha is well known for his "Art Nouveau" style of art that was largely his accomplishment in the 1890's in Paris. After the independence of Czechoslovakia, he returned to his homeland and designed the first banknotes of the new country, the most well known of these are the 100 kcs of 1920 "Slavia" and the 10 kcs of 1919 and 1927 that had his daughter. He also designed a shortlived 500 kcs bill which was very soon counterfeited and withdrawn and replaced.

In addition to designing Czech banknotes it is noted that he designed two banknotes for Bulgaria and one for Yugoslavia, the Yugoslavian example:

yugoslaviamucha.jpg

Other than the complete works catalog with a grainy image shown above, I cannot find this note cataloged in Yugoslavia, it is almost as thought the design was not accepted and used. Is anyone else aware of this particular design being used on a Yugoslavian note?

In addition to designing Czech banknotes it is noted that he designed two banknotes for Bulgaria and one for Yugoslavia, the Yugoslavian example:

yugoslaviamucha.jpg

Other than the complete works catalog with a grainy image shown above, I cannot find this note cataloged in Yugoslavia, it is almost as thought the design was not accepted and used. Is anyone else aware of this particular design being used on a Yugoslavian note?

I still haven't gotten around to ordering a copy of Barac's currency catalog, so I cannot check definitively, but in all my years of browsing eBay and other on-line sites for Yugoslav material, I have never seen the note you have pictured.

I still haven't gotten around to ordering a copy of Barac's currency catalog, so I cannot check definitively, but in all my years of browsing eBay and other on-line sites for Yugoslav material, I have never seen the note you have pictured.

I admit I sort of pointed this query your way, and I was afraid of your response :ninja: Even if I cannot find this, there are others from that region I like and will have to collect.

Archived