CoinPeople.com

banknote software..?

BCH

hi guys i have just starting collecting banknotes and i would like to list them .i have see some software on ebay but what do you guys use.i need something that is easy to use as my computers skills are not the best.

can you help..?

hi guys i have just starting collecting banknotes and i would like to list them .i have see some software on ebay but what do you guys use.i need something that is easy to use as my computers skills are not the best.

can you help..?

You meant listing them in your own computer or you are listing in the internet.

As for the internet, there are many free site to list your collection. Some provide space for you to upload and display your banknote scans while others provide you the facilities to display and even sell your banknotes. As what gxseries noted a sister website of coinpeople ( http://www.banknotebank.com ) provide you with a free storage to display your banknotes collection.

There are also others such as www.photobucket.com which provide you with the free storage for your banknotes scans / photos. I personally have been using it. It's a reliable website.

There is another free one which provide you with a community at http://www.collectica.com/. This website allow collectors to display all sorts of collectiables. Banknotes / Currency is one of them. I am also a member of the website.

There is another website which is the No. 1 website for New Zealand. The website belong to Scotts De Young and Jeff who does the ASP programming. They have the facilities to upload your banknote scans into their gallery. In addition, a new free feature provided - Your very own exhibition of banknotes photos displayed in the internet. It's one of the most graphical rich banknote website in the internet. Jeff did a great job in getting it to become No. 1 NZ Numismatic website. The link is : http://www.nzbanknotes.com

:ninja:

The list can go on...

i want to list on my own computer.just after a program so i can list them better then i do now.i just have an a-z list on excel. :ninja:

Microsoft Excel or any other spreadsheet are known as end-user computing software. It will be easiest way to keep a good record of your collection. The presentation may not be 100% perfect. A customized program with link to a small simple database will be a perfect software. Data from the spreadsheet can be transfer to a database such as Microsoft Access. If you are adventurous enough, you can do some simple Access programming. This will help you to customize the display screen as well as the entry screen. Another easier way is to search for freeware in the internet. You may find a free database software which can be use for your banknote collection. The final alternative is to buy an off-the-shelf software specializing on keeping and tracking your collection items. But usually this is not really necessary as you don't want to spend the money to purchase a software. ;)

see323, you are so going to freak him out with the huge amount of infomation you provided ;)

I agree Microsoft Access is nice but that is assuming if he has it. Access isn't priced nicely really.

If he already have Microsoft Office, Access should be there. Alternatively as what I have listed, find a freeware database software.

Anyway, I think it's a bit heavy with the info provided. :ninja:

Hi BCH,

Sorry for the heavy stuff in my earlier reply.

I did a search for a freeware cataloging software and found this French guy Alain. He created a nice collection software which come with a build in Paradox database. Don't worry about the database. It will self create for you during the installation.

I downloaded the software and test it. Seem to be a flexible and simple software to use with all the basic requirement of creation, modification and view screens. In addition, it has a search feature which uses the industry standard SQL. SQL is a structured query language which retrieve data according to your required conditions ( select all those with country = "Singapore" ). In any case, it has a help screen to help you assist you when you are using the software. There are also other useful features such as Importing and Exporting to and from Excel. There is also a backup for your data as well.

The author makes an effort to add in new features. Happily, the last updated was on Jan 2007 which was relatively recent. The software is known as Happy Collection Version 2.5. I am sure you will be happy with it. It's free of charge. s

You can download it at http://alainlecomte.free.fr/Download.htm

While testing the software, I have capture the screen for you. I have created the database fields based on my requirement. You can choose to create your own fields under the database creation screen which is located on the top bar menu.

DatabaseFieldCreation.jpg

Creation.jpg

View-enlarge.jpg

View.jpg

Modify.jpg

SQLSearch.jpg

Help.jpg

about.jpg

If you have any questions, you can ask me. I should be able to answer you even though I have not written the program for this software.

Happy Collecting !

;):ninja:

Archived