CoinPeople.com

Peter I rubles - are these counterfeit too?

gxseries

I bought them relatively cheap due to them being jewellery pieces, which I didn't mind or else I have to be forking thousands of dollars which I am not going to do any day soon. However today when I decided to pair them up against Uzdenikov's catalogue, I can't really find any pieces similar to what I got, which means chances are too high that both of them are countefeits :ninja:

Here are two rubles, one of which seems to be of the mintmaster OK and the other, K.

1720k1rftd6.th.jpg

1720k1rbjs4.th.jpg

1720largefsp9.th.jpg

1720largebal3.th.jpg

What are your opinions? ;)

Note - the second piece is gilted if you were wondering about the wierd gold color.

I bought them relatively cheap due to them being jewellery pieces, which I didn't mind or else I have to be forking thousands of dollars which I am not going to do any day soon. However today when I decided to pair them up against Uzdenikov's catalogue, I can't really find any pieces similar to what I got, which means chances are too high that both of them are countefeits :ninja:

Here are two rubles, one of which seems to be of the mintmaster OK and the other, K.

What are your opinions? ;)

Note - the second piece is gilted if you were wondering about the wierd gold color.

These coins are worn, ex-jewellery. The second has graffitti and has been gilded, so both coins would bring substantial discounts below current market if sold, but that is because they have had a hard life.

It is foolish to declare a coin genuine based solely on a picture (although that can sometimes legitimately be done with an obvious fake) but I see nothing in these pictures that causes me to doubt the authenticity of these coins.

That's probably "KO", not "K".

OK and KO are the signatures of Otfried Koenig, a German medallist and coin die engraver who worked at the Moscow mint 1718-1724. Koenig was one of the many foreign engravers Peter I (and his successors) hired to work in the Russian mints.

Archived