CoinPeople.com

Strange error Washington Dollar Coin how to classifie

I dont have a whole lot of knowledge about errors was wondering what this would be classified as. I have it listed on e-bay and want to make sure I am not wrong in my assesment. I will attach some pics and link to e-bay that has more pics and supersized pics. Any and all info greatly appriciated

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washington-Dollar-Erro...tem250092558030

1resize_small.jpg

3_resize_small.jpg

4_resize_small.jpg

You might wait until someone else answers. And it is hard to see well in the pictures. But at least one of the pictures appears to be more of a scrape. (I.E. mint damage ) Then an error. To me at least it looks like something got hung up during the edge rolling process then it skipped a small section of the "Trust" . Not a die break.

You might wait until someone else answers. And it is hard to see well in the pictures. But at least one of the pictures appears to be more of a scrape. (I.E. mint damage ) Then an error. To me at least it looks like something got hung up during the edge rolling process then it skipped a small section of the "Trust" . Not a die break.

So what would that be considered?

So what would that be considered?

Not sure what it would be called. With first part of the missing letters it looks like it would be a contact mark. The last part where it skips the imprinting process I'm not sure.

Looks like the coin was ejected from the side rolling press prematurely (insert premature ejection joke here). Notice how the first T in where the word TRUST would be is much closer to the letters that precede it and how the gouge is angled downward from the distorted 'T'? That is probably when the coin was either shoved or flung out before the final few letters could be pressed in.

Looks like the coin was ejected from the side rolling press prematurely (insert premature ejection joke here). Notice how the first T in where the word TRUST would be is much closer to the letters that precede it and how the gouge is angled downward from the distorted 'T'? That is probably when the coin was either shoved or flung out before the final few letters could be pressed in.

So a premature ejection?

Archived