CoinPeople.com

5kop1779EM overdate /6? /8?

sigistenz

It needs a real enthusiast to rise at 5 AM (in Germany at Central European Time) - or to stay awake until 5 AM - to hunt down a rare coin. CoinPeople do! I would be obliged for better images, once the coin has arrived and for Kisenish's opinion as regards the overdate. Is it 9/6 or 9/8? Thank you, regards, Sigi

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

It needs a real enthusiast to rise at 5 AM (in Germany at Central European Time) - or to stay awake until 5 AM - to hunt down a rare coin. CoinPeople do! I would be obliged for better images, once the coin has arrived and for Kisenish's opinion as regards the overdate. Is it 9/6 or 9/8? Thank you, regards, Sigi

I hope everything goes well with this transaction:

Link to Toolhaus

After reading his feedback, would you buy anything from this guy? :ninja:

Interesting! I did not know Toolhaus, will consult it from now on. After all, seller has less than 1% neg.feedback - but they are very negative. Thank you, Bob for this advice! Sigi

Hi Sigi ;)

Yes, I was an enthusiast, since I wanted to have it, and hopefully it was worth ;) As soon as I receive it, I'll post better images. Interestingy, the next morning I got an e-mail with an offer to sell, as another guy had problems with Internet and could not place a bid :ninja:

Thanks, Bob! ;) First I asked the guy to send the item not insured, but now I will transfer the money for insured registered mail. It's 10$ more, but I don't want to worry whether the coin arrives. Recently, Rouble 1878 was lost by the post, I should have chosen registered mail as shipping option ;)

Thanks, Bob! :ninja: First I asked the guy to send the item not insured, but now I will transfer the money for insured registered mail. It's 10$ more, but I don't want to worry whether the coin arrives. Recently, Rouble 1878 was lost by the post, I should have chosen registered mail as shipping option ;)

I'm sorry to hear about the lost rouble, Alexey. ;)

Something like this happened to me, too. Sending the additional money is OK as long as the seller honors it and really buys the insurance. Once it happened to me that I bought a gold coin (1899 ten roubles, about EUR 200) from a seller in Germany who asked for 10 EUR postage for insured shipping. So I paid the money, then I received the letter which was sent for only EUR 4,50 by registered mail (insured by Deutsche Post, but only up to EUR 25!). Unfortunately, the letter had been slit open in transit, the contents removed, and carefully taped shut again. I didn't notice until I returned home from the post office! ;) Of course, it is entirely possible that this seller sent an empty envelope to begin with...

Fortunately for me, I was able to file a claim with the Swiss Postal Service which automatically insures items sent by registered mail up to CHF 150 (as of 1 April 2006). I was amazed, and grateful, that they gave me this refund in spite of the fact that the letter had originated in a different country, and presumably they have no way of tracing the culprit this side or the other side of the border.

Archived