CoinPeople.com

Uncirculated Bank Notes #2

Tegwin

Just a quick question again. I have recently purchased a number of Bank Notes which have been in "uncirculated" condition, now I wanted to know a couple of things..

1) How can I tell by looking at a bank note, that it is infact UNCIRCULATED. Is it on the serial number ? (At least with coins you can tell because they are normally in a capsule or some kind of pack). Some of them just look like ordinary notes to me..

2) If I have a whole bunch of crispy notes, would a "trained eye" - dealer be able to tell if it was uncirculated or not.

Thanks

1) How can I tell by looking at a bank note, that it is infact UNCIRCULATED. Is it on the serial number ? (At least with coins you can tell because they are normally in a capsule or some kind of pack). Some of them just look like ordinary notes to me..

Commemorative coins are packaged attractively in folders or capsule to protect the coins from our hands and fingers which may be harmful to the coins. Banknotes are usually withdrawn from Automatic Teller Machine or straight from the bank cashier. An uncirculated banknote refers to the condition of the banknote. If you happen withdrawn or ask for banknote in stack, you will notice that every pieces of banknote is the stack are straight and in prefect conditio. No folds and crease. It is possible sometimes there are cashier counting marks since they are first handled by bank cashier.

2) If I have a whole bunch of crispy notes, would a "trained eye" - dealer be able to tell if it was uncirculated or not.

Anyone can train their eyes to check for uncirculated banknote. It is not difficult if you have an interest in banknote collecting. In no time, you will be able to grade banknotes fast and accurate. :ninja:

Commemorative coins are packaged attractively in folders or capsule to protect the coins from our hands and fingers which may be harmful to the coins. Banknotes are usually withdrawn from Automatic Teller Machine or straight from the bank cashier. An uncirculated banknote refers to the condition of the banknote. If you happen withdrawn or ask for banknote in stack, you will notice that every pieces of banknote is the stack are straight and in prefect conditio. No folds and crease. It is possible sometimes there are cashier counting marks since they are first handled by bank cashier.

Anyone can train their eyes to check for uncirculated banknote. It is not difficult if you have an interest in banknote collecting. In no time, you will be able to grade banknotes fast and accurate. :ninja:

Thanks for the comment, so in fact uncirculated bank notes are not really "uncirculated" in the true sense of the word (like coins) .... They are really circulated to the general public but just new crispy notes.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the comment, so in fact uncirculated bank notes are not really "uncirculated" in the true sense of the word (like coins) .... They are really circulated to the general public but just new crispy notes.

Thanks

You are welcome. Good Luck on your banknote collecting ! :ninja:

Archived