CoinPeople.com

Jubilee Half Dollar

I ordered these off of Ebay a few years back. I got 2 Uncirculated 2002 QE2 Jubilee half dollars. I dont remembered what I paid, but it was only a few dollars. I know that these were minted for her 50 year Jubilee, but I was wondering does anybody have any other info on them? Like how many were minted and going rates.

In the charlton standard book that coin had a mintage of 14,440,000, if it is any less than a ms-60 they don;t have it listed ms-60 is listed at $1.

they used the 1953 obverse design for the canadian coronation medallion, and the reverse is the coat of arms with 2 dates 1952-2002.

hope this helps ya :ninja:

Cool cool! Thanks. Thats not very many minted though. Are they used in circulation??

Relatively speaking, it's the highest mintage for a Canadian 50c, and the first since 1986 to cross the 1m mark. The last 1990s onwards typically had mintages of about 300-400k.

I try to put them in circulation, along with other 50c, but they never really last...