CoinPeople.com

Please take a look at this Quarter

reneah

99.jpg2101.jpgHi.. I have this Quarter I got from the mint.. So for sure it's uc... Well it has something all over it. and I have no ideal what it is. I didn't try to clean it, because I didn't want to touch it, and it was the only one I got with this on it. Im not sure if you can tell from the photo's but it's black, thick in places and not in others, funny thing is in places it looks like it's down in the metal a layer (maybe ?) and in these places it turns from black to a bluish hue.. Does anyone have an ideal what it is? is it an error? would it be worth much? should I try to rub it off? :ninja:

ok..Well Thanks for looking.. Reneah ;)

Thanks so much for looking.. well im not sure what it is.. you said marker (do you mean as in a markers ink?) if so, I don't think that's what it is.. looks thicker to me.. in places that is, but in parts it's as if it's down in/part of the quarter? really odd looks like a gob of goop/grease/tar..but then it's thin in places and it's dry gosh I don't have a clue, thats why im here to find out.. help me please

Archived