CoinPeople.com

Fake 37,5 Roubles in Gold and other "rarities" on eBay

kisenish

Hi guys,

Just look in this eBay shop:

http://stores.ebay.com/Art-Deco-Collectibl...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I think this seller should be caught and prosecuted :lol:

I wonder whether somebody has ever bought anything from him. Why is he still on eBay??? :ninja:

The most interesting thing is, -- look at his feedback?!?!?!

The most interesting thing is, -- look at his feedback?!?!?!

I looked at his feedback - many fooled, but happy customers :lol:

But look at the first feedback page, what seller miker3182 writes about him:

"super quick payment, good communicator, highly recommended buyer from Belarus"

thus, the guy is from Belarus, and not Australia, as he claims :ninja:

The reverse does have the "P" after the year (restrike). Probably a gold-plated version of the official restrike, except the weight and size are certainly wrong.

Do you remember the story about the woman who sued McDonald's because she spilled coffee and it burned her? Now all the coffee cups at McDonald's must carry the notice: "CAUTION: Contents are hot" or something like that. Sometimes, I think there should be a limit to liability due to pure stupidity. Anyone who spends that much money on rare coins should not be buying them on eBay, period. My limit is about $200, and I don't ever intend to go over that unless I have dealt with the seller in question before (and not just once, for the more expensive things). There are also many issues having to do with postal transport, insurance, etc.

There was recently a seller from Malta with not one, but TWO 37-1/2 rouble gold coins (maybe the first was relisted?) The images of that coin didn't have the "P", and it went for about €1.500. Couldn't do anything about that seller, either. :ninja:

You better check this one out - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A%3AIT&rd=1 - ebay Item: 280030690515.

It's graded MS-61 and value of the original should be 50k+ :ninja:

For some reason I don't believe this would be a good deal, but maybe it will be someone's lucky day.

Well he hasn't bought anything since Dec 05 and he has never sold anything before. Also he dosen't accept Paypal and User ID is kept private. Somehow I smell a rat. Stolen ebay account perhapse?

Well he hasn't bought anything since Dec 05 and he has never sold anything before. Also he dosen't accept Paypal and User ID is kept private. Somehow I smell a rat. Stolen ebay account perhapse?

This coin is being discussed in the other thread with subject "Strange eBay auction"started by RW Julian. The slab is most probably fake (and therefore the coin is, too). You can read more about it in the other thread.

Archived