CoinPeople.com

Swiss silver coin

superbeast1098

I got my coins from Kuhli this afternoon. I just now started to look through them a little closer, and I just found a silver coin from Switzerlznd. Its a 1963 half franc, in AU condition. The label behind the coin says that its .835 silver, and its .0671 oz....

Its probably not wirth much at all, but I think its pretty cool. :lol:

KFC :ninja:

Right, cool piece! The silver 1/2 fr coin with that design was made for almost 100 years, from 1875 to 1967. (Those silver pieces are not legal tender any more, but even the current CuNi pieces have basically the same design.) A very "classical" look ...

Christian

Anyone know a possible value on it?

Since that was a very common circulation coin, don't expect much ... About 25 million pieces were made in that year; the value is about 4 euro according to my catalog. (And the value is not exactly what you would get for it from a dealer.) Now had kuhli given you the same coin but dated 1896, it would be worth about €10,000. :ninja: That was the rarest year, with only 28 pieces made.

Christian

I would be too...... :lol:

If it were the on that was worth 10,000 Euros, I would PM Kuhli and let him know what he sent..... I would be a gentleman and offer it back to him.... for a hefty price fo course......

Just kidding..... I would offer it back to him though.....

KFC :ninja:

Archived